Receive Your Complimentary eBook Excerpt NOW!
"Integrating Silverlight 4 with SharePoint 2010 -- Free 42 Page Sample Chapter"
A free sample chapter from Packt Enterprise's book: Microsoft Silverlight 4 and SharePoint 2010 Integration.
Integrating Silverlight RIAs in SharePoint 2010 offers amazing opportunities to combine the power and flexibility offered by SharePoint with great user experiences. In fact, many interfaces shown in SharePoint 2010 are developed in Silverlight. Packt Enterprise wants to integrate Silverlight RIAs into SharePoint 2010. First, they must understand some of the fundamentals that are related to various tools and their configurations. In this chapter, they will cover many topics to help them understand the new tools and techniques involved in creating Silverlight RIAs for SharePoint 2010 sites. They will:
- Understand the benefits of integrating Silverlight with SharePoint
- Prepare the development environment to develop applications for SharePoint 2010 using Silverlight 4
- Prepare the SharePoint 2010 server to host Silverlight applications
- Create a Silverlight Line of Business RIA
- Learn to add a Silverlight RIA to a SharePoint site
- Understand the advantage of creating rich user experiences for SharePoint solutions
- Work with shared documents to store a Silverlight application in SharePoint sites
- Work with many Silverlight applications in a single page
- Learn the differences between client and server code
Packt Enterprise books can be summed up through the tagline "Professional Expertise Distilled". They take in-the-trenches knowledge from experienced software professionals, and distil it into a single, easy to follow manuscript.
Offered Free by: Packt Enterprise
Other Resources from: